Ok, as I am diving deeper into this topic I thought, it’s also important to know where to find these people interested in same niche? I am talking about internet marketing, social media and of course SEO?
While answer may seem self evident like Twitter, Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn, but instead of just websites and specific people, where you will find similar souls?
What about forums, do people still use them and should you too? I know [tweet_dis]several great forums already, but I want to dig deeper here, I want to know every popular place where I can find knowledge[/tweet_dis], share knowledge and ask for questions and feedback, don't you too?
Yes… one more investigated roundup from me, but hey – I am just starting out, let me warm up a bit!
Hah, and believe me these articles take a lot more time then just “Top 10 Tips How To Get ____”, or “15 Most Important Mistakes You Should Avoid As _____”. I really don’t want to create such articles over here at all, since I found too many of them over other internet marketing blogs, I will just invest a lot of time and see how it goes!
Where internet marketing people are actually hanging out? Where do they get their questions answered to SEO related, link building, money making questions? Blogs are helpful, but not often you’ll get in depth answer in comments or by contacting blog owner personally.
Internet Marketing Forums
WarriorForum is the most popular internet marketing forum you’ll find here! However because of its popularity this forum attracts also a lot of newbies, which can be a good thing if you plan on sharing your experience, building trash or to help promote your own blog. You can start here if you’re beginner, people over there are very friendly.
Maybe I am still beginner, but I like this forum the most for now… maybe it’s because I found a lot of great marketing tools, reviews about them and great feedback from people who actually tested those tools.
Also I should mention this forum has a premium section called War Room, for 37$ You’ll get access to their private section, where you’ll get very useful advice from administrators and replies to your questions from experienced marketers, like personal mentorship. I just bought their subscription myself and will leave my feedback about it real soon.
Forum topics I found very valuable:
- Top 10 Internet Marketing Products of 2010 – this is one of the rare places where I trust to product reviews..because they sound and are real, maybe exceptions would be some trusted marketing blogs, but I find this forum post super valuable for myself, for promotions.
- Amazon Affiliates – Are You Seriously Making Money? – Yes, people are making money with Amazon, but how to do it? You might read a while here..but along the way you'll get a lot of smart points helping you to earn and sell more through Amazon, interesting reading!
- What to do if you're desperate – this is cool thread, with so much various answers to the topic question with suggestions how to make more money, increase traffic, living advices and more!
- 150+ websites making $6-$100 per day. You Can Do This Too. My Online Business Strategy – valuable articles explaining how to create simple WordPress blog, do keyword research and mix it up with affiliate marketing to gain good income.
- All-In-One: Free Software You Can't Live Without – self explaining title, people are sharing all the FREE software they are using daily! Such a great idea!
This is more advanced forum than WarriorForum, don’t try to ask there newbie questions, people may not enjoy that. But if you’re not beginner, you’ll feel here like home! More advanced stuff here, I like to follow WarriorForum and WickedFire together.
Forum topics I found very valuable (you will need to register to view their forum):
- Best. Tools. (from WF members) Ever. – One more tools list but from WickedFire, never gets old.
- Free Ebook Download Section – many bloggers release their free reports for email exchange, people here are sharing the most useful free e-book guides.
- Poll: Which is the most profitable category in ClickBank? – infto affiliate marketing? You'll enjoy this poll then.
- Buying and Selling Guidelines – self explaining, must read.
- Realistic revenues for beginner after 3 months – good inspiration for those who are just getting started with some great tips.
Oh man, I really would be much happier if I would know about this forum earlier! This forum subscription easily would have been my most valuable investment! If you want to see what this blog can give to you, go to their coaching page and watch their tour video.
For me the most useful section there definitely is Case studies where you can read detailed,documented guides with success stories and understand how site was built and monetized. Currently there are 24 case studies, but of course that’s not it, there are a lot of lessons, tips, webinar replays and much, much more.
In case you decide to buy this subscription, consider saying thanks and using my affiliate link. Soon however I will do more in depth review about this forum, sharing my experience using this forum! I hope you’ll enjoy it and remember I won’t suggest you anything I have not bought myself.
Forum threads I particularly enjoyed (I cannot give links since it’s private forum):
- Are you up for the 30 day campaign challenge? – funny, I am doing this currently with 3 friends of mine to keep up competition, cool inspiration!
- Success Stories – loving all 24 of them, stories how to build first profitable campaign, how one (Froknowsphoto: Go Above And Beyond Auto) has earned 300$/day or another person 500$/day. Gold mine.
- Lessons & Tips – my second favorite section, a lot of unique lessons there as well as tips from successful users.
- New Strategy: 15 minutes to fame. – How to take 1000’s of targets and make money fast!
- No winning campaign yet? Try this! – cool thread explaining how you can just replicate David’s technique to make money yourself.
SEO Related Forums
This is a very active forum for SEO addicts with very detailed sections and big community. From my findings this seemed to be one of the best forums about SEO, correct me if I am wrong, but I am going back there to learn more.
Forum topics I found very valuable:
- The Sticky for Meta Description, keywords, keyword density, and title tags – some good SEO basics and interesting discussion about particular topic.
- Email Marketing for SEO – I didn’t know anything about it, was pretty good discovery for me.
- SEO Link Building in 5 posts – link building manifesto!
- Link Building Using Expired Domains – also one topic I didn’t know a thing before, particularly interesting tips.
- Better than AdSense? – have you thought about another monetizing alternatives? People share their experiences with other Ad networks.
This forum is goldmine for search engine marketing strategies, search engines, directories, searching tips & techniques – I mean everything that is related with search, you name it!
Most active section here is SEO Tips & Techniques, link building, SEM/SEO resources and advice… Well, basically one more hardcore SEO related forum. I don’t know if that’s just me, but I really enjoyed overall design here and helpful answers to forum topics. Questions there are answered really detailed and impression is very well, even if I am first time visitor.
My thoughts? – I am coming here back for more to share knowledge and receive it, I only disliked that I cannot sort posts after the most views or most replies.
This is the most popular forum for different SEO techniques – black hat SEO, white Hat SEO, cloaking, blogging, making money. While black hat SEO may seem too dangerous to use sometimes, still you’ll find many interesting tips and probably gain many new ideas about what’s possible. Don’t draw any lines and learn what’s possible!
I don’t support black hat SEO myself, but I think it’s good to be aware of these techniques, so you don’t get fooled by others.
Huh, again it took me whole day to review many different forums, I wanted this article to be much bigger but along the way I understood you really don’t need many forums – you just need one or two where you can get actual answers right?
More forums take more time investment which usually isn’t worth it! That’s the reason why in this article you’ll see only 7 forums included – 3 forums about internet marketing, 3 about SEO and 1 more BlackHatSEO related.
You may want to ask why I didn’t include some of the big players like DigitalPoint, SitePoint and I have a simple answer – usually these forums where full of spam, filled with old,useless information and at least I didn’t feel comfortable there.
If I would need to choose I would just use WarriorForum, WickedFire and premium PPVPlaybook! For SEO forum I still cannot decide SEOChat shows extremely high value, while HighRankings shows beautiful design and very friendly atmosphere.
Tough one… – which forums are your favorite?
4 More Forums from Tim
As I was reviewing this article by Dainis I discovered that a few cool forums are missing here. So I decided I should go ahead and add them, since this article is getting some nice traffic from Google.
10. Trafficplanet – yet another very famous SEO forum. Whenever some big hype happens around Google and lots of blogs start writing about it, they will quite often link to threads at TrafficPlanet. I remember there was a very popular thread there about experiments with negative SEO back in the days.
11. MyBlogGuest – this forum is solely focused on guest posting. If you’re looking for some free posts for your blog. Or looking to submit your own posts to other blogs – you should hang out there!
That’s it from me (Tim), signing off…
How You Can Benefit From Using Forums?
If you have never actively been using any forum you might have a question, how to use it? Why you should use such forums?
Forums may seem oldschool because of LinkedIn, Quora, Facebook, Q&A Sites, Twitter, blogs, but people still use them because of the huge value they provide. You can rapidly browse through forum threads, your interesting topics, it is like a huge library filled with knowledge. You give and you get.
I personally join forums because I want to build reputation – if you are delving in new niche usually the first thing you should do is find your competitors, related blogs and places where your target audience is hanging out. Forum is easy place where to start even as a newbie – your questions will actually be answered. It works similar in Twitter, Facebook too, but what to do if you don’t have friends who can help you to answer your first questions?
While using forum your main task is just to be extremely helpful and friendly in order to be noticed. Build your way up to recognition, traffic and link building.
- Recognition – if you help others with insightful answers, people will take you as pro, will want to know more about you and will visit your blog, Twitter
- Traffic – people tend to follow people they trust, share their links and become fans granting you with well earned traffic.
- Link building – while answering on forum questions, you can link to your own blog posts if they are actually helping to answer to the question. I had huge success with 1stWebDesigner when I found forum topics to which I could answer with my previously done high quality posts. Yes… and remember that on blogs you have also signature line, where you can add a link back to your site, great for SEO.