So, you’re a budding blogger looking to level up his skill set? Awesome.
We already know that there’s a TON of info out there – some of it good, some of it bad – that can help you become an amazing blogger. So Tim and I decided to make something that will let you skip all the hard work of searching for it, and brought it all to one place…
…And in doing so, we’ve created something so amazing that you’ll quickly go from noob blogger to expert blogger, and turn those underdog blogs into huge online hits!
Now, you might be thinking:
But what makes THIS particular list of posts so special?
Well, these posts are the result of over 6 months of blogging, learning, and scouring of the internet in order to improve my blogging expertise.
The kicker? I forgot to bookmark them and actually had to REMEMBER which posts were valuable!
Guess what? The posts had such an impact on me that I was somehow able to find them all AGAIN! Now if that isn’t a testament to their almighty blogging power, then I don’t know what is!
Alright, are you ready to take your blogging skills to the next level? Then let’s do this!
This is where the magic begins.
What are some topics you wouldn’t mind spending countless hours blogging about? Finances? Time-management? Beanie babies?
Pat Flynn says to ask yourself “Could I write 50 articles about this subject?” If the answer is yes, you might have a winner. If not, look elsewhere.
There’s thousands of options out there, and it’s your job to choose one of them.
- A better starting point for choosing a niche | ProBlogger
- How to choose a niche topic for your blog | ProBlogger
- 21 Warning Signs You Chose the Wrong Topic for Your Blog | Boost Blog Traffic
- How to Choose the Perfect Topic to Build to Build a Successful Blog Around | Think Traffic
- Niche Selection tips | Smart Passive Income
Alright, now it’s time to actually MAKE your blog.
This can be pretty daunting without any guidance, but if you follow the links here in their general order, you should be up and blogging in no time flat.
- How to Build a Blog in Less than 4 Minutes and Write Your First Blog Post | Smart Passive Income
- Generating Blog Name Ideas & Launching A Blog. Scientific Approach | BloggerJet
- How to Choose a Blog Name | Daily Blog Tips
- 5 Blog Naming Basics | ProBlogger
- Blog Design For ROI: Keep On Fixing, Keep On Fixing | ProBlogger
- Principles of Effective Blog Design | ProBlogger
- How to Select the Perfect WordPress Theme for Your Blog | ProBlogger
- Essential WordPress Plugins | Manage WP
- Blog Setup: 40 Practical Tips | Daily Blog Tips
- 20 Types of Pages Every Blogger Should Consider | ProBlogger
Alright, so now that we’ve got a topic to blog about, how do you get people to want to read it?
Craft great headlines!
Crafting great headlines is an EXTREMELY important part of becoming a rockstar blogger. Without it, you can expect readers to gloss over even your most EPIC SHIT.
(What’s EPIC SHIT? Make sure to read the section after this one to find out!).
- Headline Hacks Report | Headline Hacks
- Magnetic Headlines | CopyBlogger
- 10 Blog Post Creation Tips Every Blogger Should Follow | Income Diary
- Using Titles Effectively On Blogs | ProBlogger
- Write Headlines Like Brian Clark, Neil Patel, and Jon Morrow: 35 Headline Samples From The A-List Bloggers | Web Revenue
- Are You Following These 5 Headline Writing Tips For Better SEO Traffic? | ProBlogger
So your headlines compel people to click on them? Awesome. Now, are you ready to know a secret about writing great blog posts?
You are? Here you go: Great blog writers are also schooled in the art of copywriting.
You ever see those giant sales pages online? It’s that. “How does that help you write better blog posts” you ask? I think that first post down there will set things straight :)
- The New Style of Writing for the Net (Are You Up with the Play?) | Write to Done
- Write Epic Shit | Think Traffic
- A Simple Plan For Writing a Powerful Blog Post In Less Than 2 Hours | Quick Sprout
- Big Fat Noob Guide To Writing A Solid Post (or “How To Steal Ideas”) | Blogger Jet
- Six Blog Post Templates That Highly Effective Bloggers Use | Linch Pin
- The Brain-Dead Simple but Astonishingly Effective Way to Become a Better Writer | Boost Blog Traffic
- How to Craft a Blog Post – 10 Crucial Points to Pause | ProBlogger
- Ingredients Of Great Content | Kissmetrics
Click worthy headlines? Check.
Engaging and shareable content? Check.
You’re already halfway to becoming a rockstar blogger, so what comes next?
Traffic! At the end of the day, a blog is nothing without its readers. So, naturally, we want as much traffic as possible so that we can convert them into long time readers and fans… And these links are here to help with that.
- Timeless Ideas for More Visitors | Think Traffic
- 65 Ways to Drive Traffic to Your Blog | ProBlogger
- How to Get More Traffic to Your Blog and Keep It There | Goins Writer
- ProBlogger’s Darren Rowse shares his formula for growing blog readers and traffic | Michelle Rafter
- How to Land a Guest Post Without Fail: 21 Secret Tips | Write to Done
- 4 Steps to Increase Your Blog Traffic | Daily Blog Tips
- How to Get Your Guest Post Published | Quick Sprout
TIP: Tim Soulo has a super-comprehensive and very powerful email course that teaches how to grow traffic to your blog. And it’s absolutely FREE! Here’s the link for you: Free Email Course.
Ah, social media…
On the one hand, a potentially powerful method for bringing traffic to your site. On the other, an equally powerful method for procrastinating your butt off for hours at a time!
I had a strangely easy time finding “ultimate” guides when it came to social media. Because of this, EVERYTHING you need on social media – from Twitter, to Facebook, to Linkedin – is right here.
- The Hermit’s Guide to Social Media | Big Brand System
- Twitter Marketing Guide: Bigger, Longer & Uncut | 1stwebdesigner
- How to Use Twitter – Tips for Bloggers | ProBlogger
- The Ultimate Guide to Facebook Marketing | CopyBlogger
- THE Blogger’s Guide to Facebook | Smart Passive Income
- The Ultimate Guide to LinkedIn Marketing | DIY Themes
- Top 10 Ways to Drive Traffic to Your Blog Using LinkedIn | ProBlogger
- The 2013 Google+ Marketing Guide |KissMetrics
- Twitter Tips | Social Triggers
Now with social media out of the way, we’re onto an even MORE useful communication platform – Emails.
Having somebody’s email is like having a direct line to that person at all times. Because of this, it’s arguably better than even popular social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook.
It allows you to perfectly customize your interactions with readers, increasing personability. In other words, you increase the depth of the relationship with your readers; a necessity if you ever plan on selling a product or service to them.
- Email Marketing | CopyBlogger
- Build an email list | Social Triggers
- Complete Email Marketing Guide | 1stWebDesigner
- Email List Strategies | Smart Passive Income
- 3 Email Marketing Tips | CopyBlogger
- Top 5 Mistakes Bloggers Make With Their Email Marketing Campaign | GetResponse
It’s not enough to have traffic though, you need to build a community as well.
(Or what Jeff Goins likes to call a “tribe.”)
These are the people who make your blog what it is; they determine whether you’re the next huge thing, or “just another blog” on the internet. As such, make sure to take your time reading through this section; your readers will certainly appreciate it :)
- Putting the Social Back into Social Media: 40 Ways to Build a Loyal Audience | CopyBlogger
- 7 Strategies for Growing Community On Your Blog | ProBlogger
- How to nurture your blogs community | Best Blogging Tips Online
- How To Build a Killer Tribe | Goins Writer
- 8 Steps To Building Your Blog Into a Community | ProBlogger
- Six Ways to Build Your Blog Community | About
- 5 Expert Lessons For Building Your Blog Community | Social Fresh
I know what you’re thinking, “Finally, the IMPORTANT stuff!”
But you’ve got to remember, this section is meaningless without the ones before it. Without them, all you’d really have is an empty blog with a few ads here and there.
Don’t be that blog!
Assuming you took the effort of really learning and implementing the sections before this (and I know you did, right?), here’s where you can start capitalizing on those lessons.
- How to REALLY Profit From Your Blog | Smart Passive Income
- 30 Ways To Monetize Your Blog & Make Money Blogging! | Online Income Teacher
- Make Money Blogging | ProBlogger
- 28 Ways to Make Money with Your Website | Daily Blog Tips
- The Ultimate Guide to making Money with the Amazon Affiliate Program | ProBlogger
- A Blogger’s Guide to Earning More with Google Adsense | john.do
I purposely left SEO till the end of this guide. Why? It’s confusing… And it’s “relatively” less important than creating great content and promoting your brand, which are the staples of great blogging.
Nonetheless, it’s something that will only help you once you’ve gotten your blogging foundations underway, so make sure to get a general understanding of it.
- SEO Copywriting | CopyBlogger
- Beginners Guide to SEO | Moz
- Beginner’s Guide to SEO: Best Practices – Part 1/3 | Hongkiat
- SEO: A Comprehensive Guide for Beginners | KissMetrics
- 6 SEO Sins That’ll Put You on Google’s Naughty List | Boost Blog Traffic
So you made it this far, huh? Congratulations!
You’re reward? Several awesome articles that warrant your undivided attention.
To be honest, a guide like this can ALWAYS have more to it. To compensate for this fact, we’ve gathered several extra articles that will generally help you become a rockstar blogger.
- A Fool-Proof Formula for Easily Creating Compelling Content | CopyBlogger
- 58 Tips for Transforming Your Blog and Dazzling Your Readers | Boost Blog Traffic
- How To Create Link Baiting Viralness (psst!: Secrets To Increasing Your Traffic) | Kiss Metrics
- Success in Blogging is Made of Little Victories | ProBlogger
- 21 Quick Actions for Massive Blog Success | Think Traffic
- How Many Posts Should a Blogger Post Pros and Cons of Daily Posting | ProBlogger
- 10 Examples of Killer Unique Selling Propositions | Think Traffic
- The 7 Dumbest Mistakes You Can Make When Launching a New Blog | Boost Blog Traffic
- How to Keep Inspired When Blogging Gets Tough | ProBlogger
- 5 Easy Tips for Getting 100,000 Visitors to Your Blog Posts | Freelance Switch
In case you’re really crazy about learning online marketing, here are even more brilliant articles for you: “29 Brilliant Posts You Have to Read Before I Call You an Internet Marketer”
Before you go, I want to make sure that you’re left with several great sources of blogging info.
Make sure that you subscribe to these blogs with RSS and occasionally rummage through their articles with it.
It’s a great way to update your techniques and helps you stay more motivated on your quest to become a great blogger!
- Boost Blog Traffic
- Think Traffic
- Blogger Jet (Duh!)
- Write to Done
- Social Triggers
So, what now?
You’ve got all the tools needed to become an expert blogger and can now take your blog to the big leagues.
The only thing left to do is one small thing that’ll get you closer blogging success, TODAY. And tomorrow? Do it again. Stick with that simple process consistently, and eventually you’ll be a blogging legend!
Phew! That was quite a post, did you find it useful? If so, It’d be great if you could share it with others because I think some of your friends would love to be blogging experts as well :)